Field Study #4




                                                                            Date: 10-27

                                                                             Time: 3:10

Air temp: 18 c

Surface water temp: 13 c

Weather: Sunny, windy 

Day length: 10h 33m

Changes:

leaves starting to change color (yellow and orange) 

water level increase 

less bug noise 

less stuff floating on the top of the pond

Some leaves from the trees in the water

less purple flowers

less bugs 

colder

Other observations:

Dragon flys 

no frogs 

amount of minnows about the same

animal poop 





(photo below taken of my location from the opposite side of the pond)






EDD
This is the place where the purple flowers were during the last visit.


The last photo was taken underwater and shows the leaves that normally rest on the top of the water are now fully submerged due to the increased rainfall we had this week. I wonder what this means for the wildlife? 

Frogs:
I didn't see any frogs this time, so I walked around the pond to see if they were on the other side of the pond but I didn't see any there either. I wonder it coming earlier in the day would have any change?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Study #2

Frogs - October 12 -

Field Study #3